Your Position: Home > Classification system > Online information > FAQ

FAQ

 

Q: What are your candles made of?
A: Our candles are made with a variety of wax formulas for a variety of different purposes. From food-grade paraffin to waxes derived from vegetable sources, our candles are always at the forefront of candle formulation. Paraffin is normal candle wax. There are many different grades of paraffin, however. Colonial uses only the highest quality, food-safe waxes to make our candles.

 

 

Q: Are your candle wicks lead free?
A: We use only lead-free wicks. Lead in wicks was banned in 2002 by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission and Colonial Candle discontinued the use years before that official ban came into affect. Burning wicks with lead can cause lead to be vaporized into the atmosphere, and breathing the vapor can have potentially toxic side effects.

 

 

Q: Are the waxes in your candles food safe? What should I do if my child/pet has eaten some? 
A: Candles are virtually nontoxic. Ingesting a small amount of a candle is not harmful. In some cases wax may cause nausea, vomiting or other gastrointestinal symptoms, but these symptoms are relatively brief. If a large quantity of wax is ingested, seek medical advice.

 

 

Q: Can fragranced candles cause allergies?
A: There is no evidence to suggest that candle fragrances cause allergies. Many people have allergies to various substances including pollen, food, chemicals and other things we experience in our day-to-day life. Typically none of the ingredients or combustion products from a candle would be expected to result in an allergic type of a reaction. People who suffer from severe allergies or other respiratory illnesses should exercise caution when burning candles to be sure that they do not exacerbate any condition. If concerned, seek the advice from a qualified physician.